Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Irene - Day 3

I was able to eke out one more quick, luke warm shower. I got up early but again, no answer at the gym. I attempted to go back to sleep for an hour. I still get up and into the office early. I know I still need to be home early to take advantage of the daylight hours.

We have cooked all the meat that we can. Demi definitely deserves a night off from cooking. Dinner out tonight for sure. We will still have to work around football practice of course. What? You think a little thing like no power is going to stop us from having football practice? Surely you jest. The kids will get a night off from showers though. Yep, they are going to stink. But fighting over cold showers is not in the plans. And since tomorrow is no longer the first day of school, we are fine issuing a reprieve.

Take out from Marshfield Famous. They just got power back and folks are on the same wavelength. That place is jamming when I get there.

After dinner is another quiet candlelit night. More reading and games. I have the Sox on the radio. It's kind of a throwback to an earlier time when folks sat around a radio at night. Family time. There is not enough of that generally speaking. People are just too busy running around. It's no wonder the family concept is taking a hit.

No comments: