Monday, August 29, 2011

Post Irene

Day 2 of the blackout. No power in the AM. I call the gym and ofcourse get no answer. Back to bed for a bit. I take a quick shower and head to work. No work emergency calls, so I assume the office has power. I can't work here, that's for sure.

Parts of 139 seems to have power. Dunkin and Starbucks are packed.

Demi and the kids are cleaning up the yard. Yaya is over with the chainsaw.

I come home early to get ice for the fridge but Demi is already all over it. She cooks the chicken from the freezer. We are hoping the food does not spoil.

Sundown - the candles and flashlights are back. The family is reading on the couch until bed time. I make a crack about Pilgrim life. The kids dismiss it. I do like the quiet though and the family time.

No comments: