Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Irene - Day 4

OK, the blackout is starting to get old. I am not going to complain. I could be in VT waiting on an air drop of supplies. I could have damage to my house or cars. We could have it a lot worse. But I am ready to have power back. I called the NSTAR hotline last night. The good news was that I got a live operator. The bad news is that while they felt power could be back overnight, they still had to give worse case scenario of Saturday night.
At least the gym is now open. I never thought I would be so excited over those prison showers. A good workout definitely helps to improve the disposition. Poor Demi doesn't even have that right now. And I get to go to work and have power. But I need to have power back for the family.
Demi called at 2 PM to say the power was back on. She was not advertising it because the requests for XBOX would soon follow. She was in no rush for that. I can't blame her. But things are back to normal. Just in time for the first day of school.

No comments: