Saturday, August 6, 2011

Movie Review - Captain America

Coco and I went to see Captain America. This and the Green Lantern were two of the movies I really wanted to see this summer. I always like the underrated superheroes growing up. Sure, I was into Spiderman, Superman, and Batman. But the second tier guys, like the Flash, Green Lantern, and Captain America were very appealing to me. Especially Cap. It was probably a biproduct of growing up in the Cold War era.
I think this was the best superhero movie of the summer. I was very happy that the movie makers got it right and did Captain America justice. Simliar to X-Men: First Class, the historic setting worked well. You wonder how a period piece will play with kids. But I think Coco was just fine with the 1940's setting. He didn't even blink at eye at the lack of cellphones and iPods.
The action was great. The storyline was very well done. Chris Evans was just fine. Tommy Lee was his typical bad ass self. This is a 2011 must see film.
4 Chinnies out of 5

No comments: