Thursday, March 8, 2012

Can You Hear the Drums, Fernando?

"There was something in the air that night, the stars were bright, Fernando."

There is a great scene (one of many) in Bull Durham where Annie is telling Nuke about Fernando Venezuela.  She goes on to describe how he goes into his wind up and rolls his eyes back into his head, breathing through his eyelids before he delivers a pitch.  I can't help but conjure up that scene after the Lizard King (I am thinking of updating that to the Lizard Prince - I mean after all, I am the King, right?) rolls his eyes at me.  Which is often.  That kid has perfected the eye roll.  It pushes the limits of my self control sometimes.  OK, a lot of the time.  I wonder if that is just another genetic instinct which is present in all teenagers.  Maybe I ought to check Darwin's notes.......

No comments: