Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Fools

So is it wrong to eat a bag of popcorn while watching the Hunger Games?  Think on that one for a while
The whole family read the book and was eagerly anticipating the release of the movie.  The boys really had their heart set on seeing it on opening day.  But the movie was sold out for the first five days.
     You definitely want to see it with the older kids.  The violence is rating appropriate, PG-13.  I saw way too many younger kids in that theater.  Far be it from me to tell someone what is appropriate for their kids.   I find my kids had a good grasp on what is real and what isn't, and had that ability to discern that at a young age.  But I probably would have held this movie until they were older, if my boys have been much younger.
     The movie held true to the book.  It was well done, and well cast.  It's definitely going to make a bundle.

No comments: