Saturday, October 5, 2013

Boys Weekend 2013

Me and the boys this weekend.  Demi is off on the Island.  I am glad that she took the ferry.  It should break up the trip and be easier on her hip.  She needs to go easy while recovering.
     That aside, I get to spend some time with the boys.  That magic time started roughly with Caz.  He pulled his moody teenager bit.  So I walled him up in his part of the bee hive and spent some one on one time with Coco.  We hit the DHS game in Scituate.  He got to spend some time with his teammates, which was nice. Then we had a late dinner at JW's Burger Barn. Buffalo Burger for Coco of course.  We got the last batch before they closed the kitchen.  Caz was just fine.  He made himself dinner, watched movies, and communicated with his girlfriend.  Coco had his JV football game in the afternoon.  It was nice to have a Saturday morning to get some stuff done.  We only got to catch a few minutes of the FSU game.  I let Coco have a few buddies over after the game for grilled pizzas.  Caz was down with that too.  He got into the act on manhunt with them.  It was nice to see.  I got to grill, have a beer, and watch the Sox with the boys.  Then Coco and I spent hours watching football.  We were disappointed that the Sun Devils lost to ND.  He tried to talk me into letting him stay up for the Stanford game but I was wiped out.
     We all slept in late.  After slowly getting up, I took the boys to breakfast at Persy's Place.  Both the kids got hot chocolates and gigantic breakfasts.  They both got the southern biscuits and gravy, which comes with eggs, bacon, toast, etc.  More food than any two people need....for each plate.  Ridiculous.  I thought I would just get the pumpkin pancakes, no sides, figuring on leftovers.  But that stack of griddle cakes was almost too much for me alone.
     We had a lot of fun together.  But we were all happy to have Demi home.

No comments: