Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Grab a Shovel

It wasn't exactly the Snowmaggeddon they predicted.  In some ways it was worse.  We got some rain and frozen rain.  But we cleared ourselves out efficiently.  The school administration canceled school last night. The boys knew they were free to stay up late and sleep in.  But I told them to be prepared to shovel. And not just here, but go over next door and help their grandparents.  They were good about it.  They geared up and marched over next door while I set up the snow-blower.  They also cleared out the drain and the fire hydrant.  Then they attacked our stuff.  They did the front walk.  The shoveled a path for Gizmo, with some cut-outs from which she could choose to do her business.  I thought about it, but decided not to push my luck.  I thought they might want to earn some money shoveling out their neighbors.  But I could tell that they did not have that entrepreneurial look in their eyes.  I quite while I was ahead.

No comments: