Sunday, February 9, 2014

Quality Time With The Boys

This weekend was effective for spending time with my boys.  Even with Caz going to a sleep over last night and hanging out with the same crew the night before last.  He is certainly at that age when he want to be with his friends.  Certainly understandable.  Today, he appreciated that I picked him up in the AM, after the sleepover.  He helped out a bit and has done what he has been asked to do so far.  I was able to spend some time with him this afternoon, doing something he likes to do.  Sure it was XBOX.  Sure it was Call of Duty.  Or COD as the teen lingo goes.  But we had fun.
     Yesterday, I took Coco out on the trails for some snow-shoeing.  We had a nice little trek around Beaver Creek.  It is nice to have this little preserve and it's trails, so close by.  It is easy to take it for granted.  I try not to do that.  I try to take advantage of what is here and impress upon the boys, how lucky we are to live where we do.  Coco had a good time with it.  He suited up with his snow-pants, winter coat, hat, gloves, gaiter, and goggles.  I let him lead the way, so that I could follow behind with the camera.  We had a nice little chat while we were out there.  It was a good way to spend some father/son time.  It also got him moving, doing something physical.  I am pretty sly like that.  Multi-tasking.  A good trait to have, right?

No comments: