Sunday, January 18, 2015

Coco Goes to the Movies

Another weekend win!  I got Coco out of the house on a weekend.  Another big step towards recovery.  Sure, it sounds innocuous enough, just going to a movie.  But that is a big deal.  We almost didn't make it.  I had been playing with him all morning, and asked if we could have some Father/Son Fun time.  He said sure.  Of course, we had been trying the previous two weekends and failed.  But he was playing along this time.  I asked him if he wanted to know where we were going or be surprised.  He wanted to be surprised.  But Demi, trying to help, almost blew it.  She was right out of a bad movie.  After her first gaff, she kept on going.  Every two minutes it was a question nor statement about our destination.  Coco started tensing up.  He said his stomach hurt and just laid on the couch, while he was supposed to be getting ready.  I thought for sure we were doomed.  But I picked him up playfully and joked about dropping him on his head.  As soon as he laughed, I knew I had him.  So off we went to see The Hobbit - Battle of the Five Armies.  I got him a ginger ale that was large enough to last a week.  He crushed it and then had to pee halfway into the movie.  We made it all the way through.  I pushed my luck and tried to get him to go for new shoes.  No die there.  But hey, we were out of the house for 3 hours.  Huge step.  

No comments: