Friday, January 23, 2015

So You Had a Bad Day

Not a stellar day for this Dad.  Coco stayed home from school not feeling well.  I know he did some homework.  But he wasn't pushing himself at all.  I could only stay on him so much while working from home.  I had too many conference calls to be on him all day.  He put his arse down about how much school work he was going to do.  He has a lot of catch up to do.  I try not to overwhelm him.  But I need to push him to do more.
     We had a blowout when I told him to shut down the electronics.   I had also dared ask him to walk the neighbors dog.  Meltdown.  Complete and utter melt down.  I think I should take "I hate you!" and "Get out of my life" as a sign that I am doing things right.  I know we are still battling the anxiety, puberty, hormones, and IBS.  But I am taking a beating.  Just keep getting back up off the mat, right?  I stayed calm.  I did raise my voice once.  But only once.  I think that is OK.  I get one foul, right?  Sure, I do.

No comments: