Friday, July 31, 2015

Blue Moon Over Duxbury Beach 2015

I called a great audible this afternoon.  I had already locked Demi into drinks on the beach after work.  We tried to invite some friends for an adults only expedition but that didn't pan out.  So on my commute home, I plotted on how to get the boys out with us.  Demi solved the problem.  Offer them food.
     When I walked in the door, I told each of the boys to pick out a sub and be ready to eat on the beach.  No complaints, surprisingly enough.  On the way to the car, they were told, no electronics.  No handhelds, no phones.
     Then I went full boar.  I asked Caz if he knew where he wanted to go to college.  I also told him that "I don't know" was a perfectly acceptable answer.  He didn't know.
     "Do you know what you want to study?"
     "I don't know".  Again, he was told this was fine.
     I gave him some things to think about.  The size of the school.  City?  Country?  What region of the united states?  I clarified the difference between a degree program and a liberal arts degree.  He said he still want to be an architect.  He also prefers a setting like Colby.  He want to be removed from the city/town.  It was a really great discussion.  It started in the car.  It continued on the beach, overlooking the ocean and waves.
     Of course we talked about the impending Blue moon too.  We drove home and picked out a family movie to watch.  It was a very nice family evening.  So this audible needs a name.  No, not "Omaha.'  "Colby?"  "Mules?"

No comments: