Sunday, April 1, 2007

April Fool's Day

My boys crack me up. They have a tremendous sense of humor. They make me laugh quite often. At least once a day, but they hit some pretty high volumes the more time I spend with them.

I really get a kick out of what they actually find funny. Kids have a whole different perspective on humor that adults do. Right now they are into the classics: "Milk, Milk, Lemonade......", "What's black and white and red all over?", "Once there was a Genie with the 10 ft weenie", etc. Yes, Demi and I are very proud. I blame the school bus and the playground.

Kids movies have been responsible for the introduction of potty humor, pantsing, and Sir Mix-a-lot to our boys lives. Today, Caz thought it would be a good idea to pick up a parking cone, that my wife uses to block the driveway during day care hours, and starting singing at the top of his lungs, "I like big butts and I cannot lie...!" That was a necessary single for an animated kids film soundtrack. I think the appeal of MC Caz might have been lost on the neighbors. At least my folks next door can't hear him.

It's hard to remember sometimes that kids are silly. They are supposed to be silly. We get so stuck in a grown up mind set that we tend to forget that. Kids remind us to laugh. They allow us to be silly.

Thank you boys.

No comments: