Sunday, August 26, 2007

The Socks

"The keys, Jerry"

One of the drawback from having boys is that our stuff is starting to look more and more alike in the laundry. More so, as they are getting older. Caz has decided he likes boxers, like the old man, and the hybrid - the boxer brief. Demi does the lion share (and then some) of the laundry. I went to get dressed for the gym one morning, at the usual time of 5 AM. I can barely open my eyes. I went to put my hybrid undies on and almost broke my neck. My calf got stuck half way in while I was balancing on one foot, which threw my off kilter, and I almost landed smack on my face. Fortunately, I was home and could pick out the right pair.

Now flash forward to the gym. I go to put on my boxers or socks. I would have to go all the way home to restock if I had the wrong size of anything. I keep a spare set of socks in the trunk of the car. One in the basic color schemes, khaki, grey, blue, and black. Just in case. The boxers? Well, I guess it's healthy to go commando ever now and then.

Recently, Demi thought she would be nice and buy me some socks. I bought black gym socks for my running days recently to keep them distinct from the boys. When Demi went to the store, she saw more black gym socks and grabbed for me. But she inadvertently bought a boys size. So rather than exchange them, she gave them to Caz. I haven't seen my black gym socks in weeks...............

No comments: