Sunday, January 13, 2008

Hook, Line, & Sinker

Well, it is official. Coco is hooked. Hooked on the pigskin. He cannot get enough of the gridiron warriors. Although his first team of choice is the Patriots, it really doesn't matter who is playing. If there is football on, the kid is watching it. Coco would rather watch SportsCenter than cartoons. My father is smiling, I am sure. He's a fanatic too. He didn't start out that way. But he will even watch the CFL or a taped delay Division 3 game on NESN, if there is no other game on. Coco is right in that mode. The training was complete and evident this past Saturday night while the Pats were playing the Jaguars in their play-off game. My pal, Sammy, and I were mulling over the game out loud during Jim Nance and Phil Simms's introduction banter. Coco hushed us. Lound and clear. SHHHHHHH! I apologized to Sammy but he was too busy laughing. Coco was locked into the game, all game long. I think he took one break to hit the bathroom. He really cracks me. He really has some solid insight into the game too. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up as a sportscaster.

No comments: