Friday, January 11, 2008

The Long and The Short of It

One of the biggest battles that I have with Caz is over proper winter attire. He insists on trying to walk out of the house in shorts and if possible, a T-shirt. He says he is not cold. But I am sure it is because he has friends that do it. That is where I launch into my "I am not their father, I am your father and only responsible for you" routine. It is an oldie, but a goodie. This argument probably has some roots in the cool factor theory too. Though it probably has a stronger, monkey see, monkey do aura. Whatever it is, it happens quite frequently. Demi struck a good compromise, having him pick out a fur lined sweatshirt to go with his down vest. She had him pick out a coat too. Caz gets his sense of independence and free will, we get our son dressed for winter. That is not to say he still doesn't try to get out in shorts but he takes defeat much better.

No comments: