Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Pool is Now Open

Caddies welcome! 1:00-1:15 PM

And clean enough to eat a Baby Ruth off of. The annual opening of my parents pool is a rite of spring. It announce the coming of warm weather. Every year, Dad primes the pump and adds the chemicals to the water. Dad and I pull the cover off. The cover and the water bags that hold down the cover all winter, get cleans, folded and put away. Sounds easy, but it is time consuming and tedious. As soon as the boys were old enough, I started carting them along to help. Now they are at the age that they both really need to pitch in. If they are going to swim all summer, they need to help work the Opening. Just like my brother and I did growing up, they too shall scrub. I was really proud that when I stuck to my guns and told them they had no choice (not in those words, but that is the short version), that they didn't argue a bit. Even when they got invited to a play date after Kyle' baseball game. I delayed the play date until after the Opening. The boys did good work. Chalk up one Chinny point for me.

No comments: