Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve 2010

I really enjoy the family time spent together on Christmas Eve. While I enjoy seeing my extended family, I really like it the most when it is the 4 of us, Demi, Caz, Coco, and me. We had a great time at a neighborhood party. But it was when we got home that I like the most. The boys exchanged presents as is the family tradition. They had each put a lot of though and effort into it. Coco got Caz a watch that he knew Caz had been eyeing. Caz got Coco a Tom Brady Fathead for his wall that he knew Coco would dig. They each got their Christmas pajamas from Demi. Then we settled in and read Twas the Night before Christmas like we usually go. This year I tried to add a new wrinkle. I had read Dylan Thomas's A Child's Christmas in Wales as a 5th grade class assignment. It stuck with me all these years later. I thought that the boys might enjoy it too. However, it was a bit longer than I remembered. The boys indulged me for a while, but I did cut it short. Best part of the night for me though. I hope it was for them.

No comments: