Sunday, February 26, 2012

Birthday Weekend

Apparently, Coco had the best birthday dinner of the weekend.  We did something out of character, which was eat out two nights in a row.  I figured it was vacation week and two birthdays coming up, so why not?
     We didn't go anywhere and the boys deserved a dinner at the Charlie Horse on Friday night.  The Charlie Horse is a good family place with a game room.  Demi and I were prepared to dole out for some video game tokens.  Coco decided that he wasn't in the mood.  Caz fell asleep in Demi's lap before the food came.  He was up at 5 AM, when I went off to work.  I guess it it's not surprising that he barely ordered before dozing off.  He was fast asleep too.  He actually drooled on Demi.
     It was night two at Orta that was really exceptional.  Caz was at a sleep over, so it was just me and the birthday crew.  Coco won the night with best entree and dessert.  The appetizers were a split vote - fried rice balls and antipasto.  Coco got a great pizza from their brick oven.  We sat at the pizza bar so we watched the his pizza being made from start to finish.  For dessert, he got the cannoli's.  He really scored all the way around.  I liked my gnocchi.  But I have to admit, his pizza was fantastic.  And Coco was so excited about it.  He got a birthday candle on his cannoli too.

No comments: