Saturday, February 11, 2012

Date Night

As important as parenthood is and as important as spending time with your children is, it is important to spend time with the mother of our children.  Time with just your children's mother.  I think it makes you stronger as a parental unit.
     I took the liberty of finding a landing spot for Caz and Coco for tonight.  Actually it was quite clever.  I knew my parents would like some quality time with the boys.  I suggest pizza and movie night for the four of them.  The idea took off from there.
     Next up:  Getting Demi on board.  Some different was called for.  I got into this century and used evite.  I craft a nice little unexpected invitation to dinner.  But it wasn't just dinner.  All Demi had to worry about was dressing.  I set the boys alarms on their phones for 5:30 for their departure time to next door.  I even called to remind them.  I went out of my MO.  I didn't set a reservation.  We could do drinks and then dinner.  Or just sit down.  Willy nilly.  I didn't even look at the menu on line first.  There was no AIS for departure time.  Whenever Demi was ready was our time of departure.  I think she appreciated all that.

No comments: