Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines Day 2012

I appreciate that we have been able to scale down this Hallmark made holiday, across the board.  We have minimized this for the kids and each other.  Demi was the protagonist for bashing this holiday and bringing it down more than a notch.  She had always hated the dinner date for Valentines.  The food is never as high quality and it's over priced.  We agreed to just exchange cards.  Of course I couldn't let an opportunity pass to get some dark chocolate.  So I included a small purchase of that with my card.  There was only a slight objection that was quickly dismissed.
     For the boys, when they were young, I always took an opportunity to celebrate.  I don't think I went overboard and came close to spoiling them.  But I used these minor holidays to get Red Sox hats for them.  Or Patriots shirts.  Something in that vain.  More than candy and cards but way short of a Corvette or trust fund.  This year we stuck to the candy and cards.  For candy, really, it was just chocolate.  They don't need the sugar candy crap.  And not a peep.  They didn't miss anything.  Perfect.

No comments: