Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Moonriver

I finally have the big test today.  I am hopeful that I get the answer as to the cause of all this nonsense with my innards.  Sure, I have been told that the tests so far show nothing alarming.  I know that.  But still.  In the back of my mind there is doubt.  This preparation is awful.  I hear it's worse than the actual procedure.  I didn't think my bowels could hold this much stuff.  If humans are 98% water, then I think I am at about 20%.  I should be turning into sand at any minute.
     Caz is home sick with me.  He has your garden variety head cold.  But he hasn't missed a day all year.  It's probably best that he sleeps in, takes it easy, and gets some rest.  He is now keeping me company on the couch.  He's interesting.  He's trying to to show that he's nervous.  But he is.  He wants to know about my test.  I don't hold back.  I tell him how a colonoscopy works.  He makes a funny face and wrinkles his nose. He asks me if I will be all right.  I tell him that the results should be known quickly, unless they have to send out a biopsy to test.  Caz seems OK with that answer.  I appreciate the concern.  My teenager does care after all....

No comments: