Saturday, February 2, 2013

Family Ties

Happy Ground Hogs Day!

While it's under unfortunate circumstances, we are having my nephew and niece over for most of the weekend.  That's right.  The Bee and the Anvil are in the house.  I know that I am excited to spend some time with them.  The boys are too.  They are really good with them.
     Coco has a really special bond with the Bee.  She just gets the biggest kick out him.  When I got home last night those two were already playing with each other.  They played for hours before dinner.  Coco kept her occupied right up until bedtime.  He is such a good kid.  He took his opportunities to hold the Anvil too.  He gets a really interesting look on his face when he holds him.  I think he really gets a kick out of it.  How many 11 year old kids do that?  Not many I bet.
     Caz is a bit more reserved.  I think he likes it but he's a bit timid.  Maybe he thinks that he might drop the baby.  It could be that adolescent thing too.  Too cool for school.  But we are alone here at the house.  Not of his school friends are going to see him.  And how are we going to tell?
     Caz did a great job with the Anvil today.  He bounced him on his knee for an hour.  He helped keep the Anvil occupied while Demi cooked dinner.  I was catching a few z's on the couch but woke up to see the Anvil in Caz's lap.  It was a sight.  I had a thought that it really wasn't too far off before Caz might have his own.  Then I shook my head and got myself right.  That really should be farther off.  He's still got so much to go through.  High School.  College.  Marriage.  The works.  It may not work out that way.  But whatever is in store for him, it will be new and exciting.

No comments: