Friday, January 25, 2013

Alien!

My CT scan was negative.  I even had a nuclear test.  They shot me full of radioactive isotopes, specifically designed to stick to my small intestine.  How that works?  Don't ask me.  But that was negative too.  The pain is much better than it had been.  The prevailing theory is that something was lodged in the opening of my appendix and I was likely on my way to appendicitis.  But who knows really?  Yes, the important thing is that I am getting well.  Not knowing is really bugging me though.  I really would not have been surprised to see my stomach burst open and the Alien come crawling out.  It was really that painful.
     I think the boys got most of it.  They were concerned but not really sure what was going on.  I couldn't really tell them either.  There was no diagnosis to explain.  I could only tell them that I was in pain.  I am glad they weren't scared though.  Concern, yes.  Scared, no.

No comments: