Saturday, January 19, 2013

Worry Wart

I had to have a CT scan today.  I really thought I was on my way to surgery, by the way of the ER.  What was a lingering nuisance, became a full blow medical situation almost overnight.  I woke up about 2 AM with  sharp stabbing pains and burning, from my naval to my right hip.  I had seen the doctor yesterday and we agreed to wait and see.  If I was status quo come Monday, then a CT scan would be ordered.  If I got worse, then call the urgent care physician on weekend duty.  That poor sap.  She drew the short straw.
     She even said, "I was hoping not to see you this weekend."
So she ordered an emergency CT scan.  A two hour preperation process, so I could drink two bottles of berry flavored chalk.  It actually wasn't bad.  I have tasted far worse.  It was just heavy.  I had to pee constantly.  Demi stayed with me the whole time.  The boys took care of themselves.  She checked in of course.  They made their meals - breakfast and lunch , cleaned the basement, did their homework.  They got on and off XBOX well.  That was all impressive enough.  But Caz really surprise me.  He was really concerned and kept asking about me - "what is wrong with Dad?" or "is he going to be OK?"
     Touching for me.  I figured he would tune that out, over extended XBOX time.  A very nice surprise.  The boys were both helpful when I got home.  They got me drinks, pillows, and blankets.  They really are good boys.

No comments: