Sunday, January 6, 2013

Going Caveman

I embarked on one of my New Years Resolutions.  I decided to try the Paleo Diet.  I figured I should give it a fair shot.  I was inspired by a friend.  He mentioned at the gym that he was thinking of trying.  So we sort of made a pact.  Really, it ended up like the Seinfeld episode.  The one where Jerry and George make a pact to get engaged.  It certainly ended up like that.  I found myself alone, eating veggies, fruits, meats, and fish.  But, what the heck?  Nothing to do but move forward.
     I haven't noticed much of a change. Energy level is the same.  Working out is the same.  Appetite is the same.
     Why do I do this to myself?  I challenge myself.  Then I am just stubborn enough to see it through.  I went a year without soda.  I went a year without cake and cookies.  I went a year without chips.  Why?  What does it prove?  That I am as stubborn as a mule?  I hope the boys only see determination.  Is that what determination is?  Just a positive spin on stubbornness?

No comments: