Sunday, February 3, 2013

Super Bowl Sunday

Despite our beloved Pats not being in it, we did have a nice family evening watching the event.  Coco was really into all the aspects of it.  He kept lobbying for Demi and me to let him stay up to watch the whole thing.  I might have let him, especially after the first half went so quickly.  But the blackout ruined that.  A 35 minute delay on top of a Super Bowl length halftime?  No way.  I know he missed an exciting finish, but school and rest have to come first.  Coco needs his rest.
     The interesting part of the evening happened to Caz.  Demi and I were chastising the kids for being on their iTouches.  As we were admonishing Coco, Caz protested that he wasn't playing games.  He was "just texting."  I innocently asked him who he was texting.
     "Sklyar"
     "OK."  I said.  I wouldn't have given it another thought.  But then the grin broke out.  This kid will never make a living on the Texas Hold 'Em tour.  His mother stared him down, and his grin got wider.  Yep.  He was texting a girl.  That was all I got out of him.  But that is all I needed.  Ah, adolescence.

No comments: