Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas 2013

A great family Christmas  morning.  This is the first year Demi and I got up before the kids.  Amazing.  I got up to set up the video recorder on the tripod.  I set up the speakers for Christmas music. Then I put on some coffee.
     I had the opportunity to give Demi her present first, just the two of us.  I had intended all along for Demi to get the first present.  She was thrilled to get her new digital camera.  Now she could shoot photos all day long (since I charged the battery beforehand).
     Coco was the first child up.  He immediately went looking for his stocking.  Which, of course, was still in Demi's closet.  I hadn't gotten up in the middle of the night to set them out.  Caz could have cared less.  He actually still wanted to sleep.  But once he was up, the excitement kicked in.  It's nice to see that even at this age, the boys still get excited for Christmas morning.
     Our new tradition is to save the big present for each child for last.  Then make them work for it.  The boys have to work together to solve a series of clues.  I took them all over the house.  They had to get coffee for Demi and me.  They had to enact one random act of kindness each.  It's fun.  It's really great to see the smiles on their faces at the end of the hunt.

No comments: