Tuesday, December 24, 2013

XMAS Eve - Panic Attack

I thought I was all set for today up until last night.  I knew I had some running around to do for Demi to help get things set for XMAS dinner.  I also new I had a few gifts to get for Demi yet.  But everyone else was done....or so I thought.
     Yesterday I waited and waited.  One more package was needed and today was the last day quoted on delivery time.  I went to check Amazon for more information.  My jaw dropped as I saw to posts, dated after my order date, saying that this seller was a fraud.  I was shocked.  I couldn't believe it.  I order Caz's gift, the day after Thanksgiving.  Sure it was an amazing deal.  But too good to be true? It wasn't far off other sale prices.  But it was all a mirage.  The seller had pulled one over on us.  Amazon was good.  They filed a claim to get our money back.  But now I did not have Caz's big present.
     No way was I going to let him have nothing for XMAS morning.  I searched the stores for prices and deals.  They were all the same.  No last minute bargains to be had.  But bargains be damned, I was getting this present for Caz.  I saw that Wal-Mart was opening at 7 AM today.  I could go to the gym and head straight there.  Which is what I did.  Even though folks had line up, waiting for the doors to open, I was in and out in 10 mins.  Mission accomplished.  I felt so relieved.  But that is what a Dad does right?  I certainly think so.

No comments: