Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Banquet

Sure.  Today is my birthday.  But we knew going in the focus would be Caz's first XC season ending banquet.  We volunteered to help set up for the shindig.  As typical, not enough other parents stepped up to do so.
     I am fine with the focus being on Caz.  The trip to Boston yesterday was really my celebration.  It's what I wanted to do: spend some family time together.
     The banquet went well.  They did both the girls and boys teams together.  It ran a little long.  But this was the first time for both of these coaches together.  One had quite a laundry list of stats to announce.  Maybe post those somewhere.  Each kid doesn't need a stat.  The captains did a pretty good job of speaking.  They gave a little shout out to each teammate, with something nice and/or funny to say about them.  There was a ton of food.  No one went hungry.  All in all a good event.  I really wonder what Caz took in about it.

No comments: