Sunday, January 12, 2014

Mantown Construction

I put a lot of hours into Mantown this weekend.  The former premises of Dragon Fly Daycare in the basement has been under construction for quite some time.  Once the boys got their XBOX room, they lost interest in helping.  This was the weekend to rekindle that fire.
     I researched ways to hang pictures on slants.  I went to Lowes and bought the correct fasteners.  Then I set to work.  I hung all the large framed pictures.  But then I had to organize.  To organize, your first have to make a mess.  And a mess I made.  But.....I got it done.  I unpacked all my stuff that was boxed up from converting the office into Demi's walk-in closet/make-up station/wardrobe/miscellaneous room.  I found all the books I was looking for.  I actually got rid of some.  I sorted the knick knacks.  I repacked Demi's scrapbooking materials and all our photos.  I stacked our extra kitchenware.  I sorted all the debris from Christmas gift wrapping.
     Then I went to work in the main room.  I grabbed some cork board from my parents house.  I mounted that on a wall.  Then I mounted the dart board.  I grabbed my personal set of darts.
     The boys vacuumed the media (XBOX) room.  They organized the games and movies  They stocked the shelves.
     Now we are getting somewhere.  Once I get Demi to help sort the Christmas decorations we may be able to start thinking pool table......

No comments: