Saturday, January 25, 2014

Snow Day 2014

It's actually warming up a bit today.  It's into the 40's.  The ground is still covered with snow.  The snow is becoming soft though.  Pliable.  Perfect snowball making.
     I put the seed of an idea into the kids heads.  I had seen a really cool snowman/snow sculpture of Jabba the Hutt.  I showed the picture to the kids.
     "We could do that!"
     So we geared up.  Hats. Gloves. Boots.  Snow pants.  We grabbed the shovels.  Coco found the perfect spot.  There is a rock in our front yard that served as the base.  It was right on the corner of the lot, by both streets.  So this had better been good.  We piled up the snow.  Then we shaped.  Coco started the head.  Then Caz had a turn.  After that it was up to yours truly.  I was really hoping that the boys would run with that.  Ah, well.
     Coco and I were out there for 2 and half hours.  Gizmo and Demi came out to admire it after we were done.  I had thought it came out well.  Gizmo wasn't as much as a fan.  She peed on it.....

No comments: