Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Equipment Handout

After a year of trying to acquire a key to the DYF equipment shed, I was able to procure one and fulfill my duties a program equipment manager. It was just in time for our annual equipment handout. Fortunately, I only have to oversee one night for 5 of the 7 teams. I locked in the perfect assistant. Lil' Kim is very organized and doesn't take no for an answer. She gets things done. The perfect person to man the desk, take names and checks, and makes sure all is as it should be. Even though Caz's season has started, I still can't believe we are starting with the Coco's crew.
Even though we give parents a list of things to get, we try to man each station, and many have been through this process before (this is the third time for most of my team), it seems like they are lost lambs. I almost think we need to print a checklist for each parent and player. It seems so strange to see the Mites trying on the gear. They seem so small for it. But once we get practicing, I am sure they will look like legitimate football players.

No comments: