Thursday, August 5, 2010

Helter Skelter

One of the most stressful parts of the family road trip is packing up the Family Truckster. Tonight was one of the most difficult by far. However, it was one of the quickest and most efficient. I was really hoping to start packing the car at 4 PM and leave shortly there after. But the forces of nature were working against us. My conference call for work ran way long. The boys were acting up. I don't know what go into them but they were obstinate and unhelpful. They had frayed Demi's nerves.
When I hung up my call, I could see it was dark outside. Storm clouds covered the area. After stepping outside, I could hear rumbles of thunder. I knew we had to pack this car quickly. We had a few new items, such as a crate for Gizmo to pack. We were trying to keep up the third row seating but not use a car carrier. We were only going for 4 days but we had 5-6 suitcases, plus a toiletry bag, snack bags, cooler, and gadget bag.
There was a lot of running around, a lot of shouting, and a lot of chaos. It's no wonder we left Demi's purse with the City Passes for Philly behind in the garage (that's a whole different post). We managed to get packed and in the car with no loss of life and just before the heavens opened up. It poured just after we got in the car. Timing is everything.

No comments: