Sunday, August 1, 2010

Wally World

I think the family car trip might just be a cruel joke at times. Even when the kids are behaving, the road trip gods play cruel jokes on you like heavy traffic, accidents (and yes, I know, you are very lucky if you are not in the accident), and construction. The boys ate dinner and chilled out in the Pilot on the way to NY. We had the third row seating up, so they could both lie down some. (The third row for us growing up was the back of the Bronco with a bean bag chair. My brother and I would fight over who got to sit there) The roof rack was being used to allow for this. Even with Demi needing a pit stop 45 mins into the trip, it seemed like things were going right. But then....CT...I really don't like that state. We hit construction on 91, and two sections of 95. 5 and 1/2 hours it took us. And then on the way home, the roof rack came undone. I didn't have the key, so I had to put up the third row and place the rack in the back. The first rest area was like a rock concert. I have never seen a rest area so busy. Some old guys almost got into a fight in the parking lot. We got the wrong order for the boys at McD's. Just crazy. I really think someone in the cosmos must be laughing.

No comments: