Sunday, March 9, 2008

Blue Moon Pt 2 - The Talk

You can't say that we did not make an effort for this lunar phase calendar project. Again, keep in mind the rules say not to use the computer. So the last time I had watched the moon, that is set in my mind, was the recent lunar eclipse. I used that point in the sky as a reference point but saw nothing. I ventured outside, solo because it was cold, to see if I could locate it before dragging Caz out there. Still nothing. I confess. I went to the laptop to see what the heck I was looking for. It was on it's way to new but still about 23% of light should be showing. I loaded Caz up in the car and we drove around looking for better patches of sky. Nothing. Shut out. Thus far, out of 9 nights, 7 have been cloudy or outright raining. One of the clear nights? New moon. Nothing to see. Now with the time change, it gets dark later. I have to change the boys' night time routines (see my recent post - Creatures of Habit -regarding routines). We have to start arse backward to get in the moon viewing. At least now we could see something. Finally! At last!

No comments: