Monday, March 10, 2008

Lunar Talks

One other issue of note from the lunar journal, it has been good one on one time with Caz. We put in a yeoman's effort standing out in the cold, searching the night sky. We pointed out some of the constellations. We have a "thing" about Orion and Orion's belt. For me, it reminds me of my honeymoon cruise when Demi and I attended a basic stargazing session. But the kids and I read a story at night written by Jimmy Buffet and Savannah Buffet called Trouble Dolls. (I highly recommend that for a night time read with the kids) One of the focal points of the book is that particular constellation. When Caz and I had to take to the car to search for some open sky, we had even more time to talk. I wanted to make sure to put it to good use. I asked Caz if there was anything he wanted to talk about. He said, "No." I told him that was OK, but I hoped he knew he could talk to me about whatever he wanted. I told him I hoped he knew he could tell me anything, even if he thought I might get angry or upset. I told him that I might get upset but I would listen first and that we could work anything out. It is more important to be honest and to address a difficult problem than to hide it or ignore. I was definitely laying the ground work. You have to start here, while they are young. It is a process like anything else.

No comments: