Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Opening Day

Opening Day is always a time to celebrate. Baseball is back. Spring is here.....Well, baseball is back any way. It's unusual this year with the Sox opening up overseas in Japan. Unusual to play 2 that count, only to come home an play more exhibition games. But that is what MLB wants. The boys are fired up, especially Coco. When I told him that the first pitch was going out at 6:05 AM this morning, his first question was: "can I get up and watch it?" He is looking forward to eating his breakfast in front of the Sox. I find myself up early this AM, unable to sleep. And for once lately, it is a good thing. I am restless with anticipation over the Red Sox. I feel like a little kid. And that is promising. We should all feel like that. I am excited for another season, following along with my boys. The games. The discussions. The stats. Father and sons, bonding over America's pastime. All is right in the world. Go Red Sox! Yankees suck!

No comments: